Meal delivery services review

Surprising how close all 9 are in the ratings.

2 Likes

In WA we’ve been trying a service called ‘My Foodie Box’

I highly recommend them for one key reason. All ingredients come in plastic containers which they will actually collect on your next delivery and reuse. This greatly reduces the amount of waste produced (which is a key flaw in meal and ingredient delivery imo). The recipe sheets are also really nicely done and can be saved to make yourself in future.

3 Likes

An article regarding meal delivery services from the latest Choice Insider email.

Our prison food is starting to get boring. My sister mentioned they really enjoy the food from Atlas Masterclass which is a little different. They are associated with ‘one hat’ Atlas Dining restaurant. The food looks very interesting. Each week has a different cuisine. For example, the coming weekly schedule is Singapore, Italy, Sri Lanka, Morocco & Indonesia. Available Vic & NSW.

There’s likely quite a few niche suppliers out there. Please throw them in.

1 Like

I followed up an advertising online from HelloFresh about a new feature offering meals for one, the usual discount of $200 was offered. I was interested since I now live alone and because of the high rating given by Choice, It turns out that they have withdrawn the offer, but the online Google listing still remained. This information was relayed to me on the Live Chat facility. I expressed my opinion and told the agent I would relay my experience with Choice.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community @joeairofarulla

This is from their web site today, 8/3/23…

It only applies to 2 or 4 person plans and the discount is not all at once, but over the first few boxes.

What google returns includes all sorts of dated information, old and new on official and other web sites, that often makes it confusing and maddening to ascertain what is current. Their discount programs also change.

I see the Choice review shows

which is not current. @BrendanMays, you might see if your writers agree that such inclusions are inappropriate and better phrased such as ‘Hellofresh often offers new customer discounts. See their web site for the current offer.’ Same with any other product where an ephemeral discount is offered.

4 Likes

Welcome Joe

Thanks for your input. I have moved your post to an existing topic on meal delivery services, where people would look for your sort of information.

This comes in my gmail as a current promotion (21-03-2023), so I followed the link to the hellofresh site https://www.hellofresh.com.au/pages/inspiration-delivered?c=NEW200 (after I’ve removed the end tracking stuff)

They can’t say withdrawn if they are still advertising & linking to it. That’s misleading.