ME Bank opting us in for twice daily News emails

This is the text of a recent email from ME Bank. I have been a customer for a few years now and have not had any problems with them, but find something like this unacceptable. Surely the only option should be to opt in if desired, not have to opt out. I’m not even sure what connection they have with this mob and why they assume I would be interested. I have sent ME Bank a fairly blunt email voicing my concerns.

“With over 1.2 million subscribers and a position in the Top 20 publishers in Australia, The New Daily keeps Australians in the loop with news, sport, weather, politics, finance, lifestyle and more.
And as one of ME’s partner organisations, soon you’ll start receiving free updates from The New Daily direct to your inbox twice-daily; you don’t need to do anything.
If you’ve already subscribed to The New Daily, you’ll continue to receive all the latest news updates.
Not for you? No worries.
If you don’t want to receive updates from The New Daily, you can opt-out by clicking the button below before 24-Oct-18.”

5 Likes

Thank you for letting us know of the issue. Please keep us informed about how things go in response to your email to them if you want to, as I am sure Choice would be interested in the outcome/s.

2 Likes