McLaren Automotive Limited - McLaren 720S Coupe and Spider, Senna, 570GT and GT MY2017-2020 Recall

A recall notice for McLaren 720S Coupe and Spider, Senna, 570GT and GT MY2017-202 supplied by McLaren Automotive Limited as the noise vibration and harshness (NVH) foam pad positioned underneath the fuel tank can potentially trap corrosive moisture, which can over time cause corrosion of the surface of the fuel tank.

McLaren Automotive Limited - McLaren 720S Coupe and Spider, Senna, 570GT and GT MY2017-2020

PRA No.

2020/18334

Date published

31 May 2020

Campaign number

AFT.027.2020.

Product description

McLaren 720S Coupe and Spider
McLaren Senna
McLaren 570GT
McLaren GT
Model Years 2017-2020

186 affected vehicles

Photograph of McLaren 720S

Photograph of McLaren Senna

Photograph of McLaren 570GT

Photograph of McLaren GT

Photograph of NVH foam pad

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (12.9 KB)

What are the defects?

The noise vibration and harshness (NVH) foam pad positioned underneath the fuel tank can potentially trap corrosive moisture, which can over time cause corrosion of the surface of the fuel tank.

What are the hazards?

Corrosion on the surface of the fuel tank may allow fuel vapour or liquid to leak from the fuel tank, which could increase the risk of a fire. A fire poses a risk of injury to vehicle occupants, bystanders and/or damage to property.

What should consumers do?

Consumers will be contacted to arrange an appointment with their McLaren dealer for the NVH foam pad to be removed and inspection of the fuel tank, free of charge.

To find your nearest McLaren retailer, go to http://www.retailers.mclaren.com

For more information, consumers can contact McLaren Automotive Limited via email client.services@mclaren.com

Supplier

McLaren Automotive Limited

Traders who sold this product

Autosports Group Limited
Bespoke Automotive Australia Pty Ltd (former dealership)
Zagame Mcl Pty Ltd
Peter Warren Automotive Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 31 August 2016 - 29 March 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.

I had better get ours fixed up next week.