Tesla Powerwall: Australian case study

In real dollars a 25% increase in price.
Is Musk pandering to the Australian distribution chain setting a higher RRP to improve their margins?

Note:
The Aussie dollar has climbed (trend average) more than 10% against the US dollar over the previous 6 months. It’s closer to 15% appreciation relative to the average of the previous 12 months. The Aussie last traded at the current exchange rate in April 2018.

The Tesla Powerwall according to this source retails in the USA for US$7500 or AU$9663.70 at this instant!

3 Likes

I have Tesla Powerwall installed.
Since January, my home h as been selfpowerd every day.
Today’s solar offset is 186%.
Really looking forward to my first bill. With s.a. virtual power plant. It should arrive shortly. Will update accordingly

3 Likes

Hi. I have received my first electricity bill , since Powerwall installation at my home.
Bearing in mind, I had 1month in this bill , without solar panels.
My bill for last 1/4.
$2 only per day

2 Likes

This doesn’t really mean much unless some past bill information is also presented…and also what other changes you have made to reduce/supplement (such as adding solar) your electricity consumption.

3 Likes

It would mean just a little over the daily charge that is levied for any Electricity account. A big saving it would appear. They do mention they have Solar panels, the difference between with and without battery would be of interest.

4 Likes

The reason for the question is we also have a current bill of just over $2 per day (inc. network and retailer charges) with no Powerwall/battery, 7.26kW solar and part business use (commercial washer/dryer. cooking bread and also 2 storage HW systems). Before solar and in the winter months it was around $7.5/day.

Our savings come from the PV system closely matching our peak use during the day (business) and also NW facing PVs.

About to install switchboard timers to control the HW system to take advantage of offpeak supply rates to potentially reduce bill amounts even more.

4 Likes

Be good if you could go off the grid as a consumer.Specially now having the battery option