KTM Australia Pty Ltd - KTM Motorcycles 790 Adventure, 790 Adventure R and 790 Adventure R Rally MY2019-2020 Recall

A recall notice for KTM Motorcycles 790 Adventure, 790 Adventure R and 790 Adventure R Rally MY2019-2020 supplied by KTM Australia Pty Ltd as the preload force of the return spring located in the front brake cylinder may not meet specifications.
This can result in the brake piston not being returned to its original position, which can impair the function of the front brake and result in a loss of brake performance.

KTM Australia Pty Ltd - KTM Motorcycles 790 Adventure, 790 Adventure R and 790 Adventure R Rally MY2019-2020

PRA No.

2021/18983

Date published

24 May 2021

Campaign number

TI 13_1870664

Product description

KTM Motorcycle Models:
790 Adventure
790 Adventure R
790 Adventure R Rally

Model Years 2019-2020

1,289 affected motorcycles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (25.08 KB)

What are the defects?

The preload force of the return spring located in the front brake cylinder may not meet specifications.
This can result in the brake piston not being returned to its original position, which can impair the function of the front brake and result in a loss of brake performance.

What are the hazards?

Reduced brake performance can increase the risk of an accident, causing serious injury or death to the rider and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Consumers have been contacted by KTM Australia and their authorised dealers. Authorised dealers will replace the return spring with a new improved version, free of charge.

For further information, consumers can contact KTM Australia on 1800 644 771 or find their nearest authorised dealer using the dealer search option at https://www.ktm.com/au

Supplier

KTM Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised KTM Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 March 2019 - 21 April 2021

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.