KTM Australia Pty Ltd - KTM 450 SX-F MX Competition Motorcycles MY2021 Recall

A recall notice for KTM 450 SX-F MX Competition Motorcycles MY2021 supplied by KTM Australia Pty Ltd as a defective shift drum may have been installed in affected motorcycles. The shift drum may break during riding.

KTM Australia Pty Ltd - KTM 450 SX-F MX Competition Motorcycles MY2021

PRA No.

2021/19116

Date published

22 Jul 2021

Campaign number

TI 34_1915974

Product description

KTM 450 SX-F MX Competition Motorcycles
Model Year 2021

5 affected motorcycles

Photograph of KTM 450 SX-F MX Competition Motorcycle MY2021

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (9.53 KB)

What are the defects?

A defective shift drum may have been installed in affected motorcycles. The shift drum may break during riding.

What are the hazards?

If the shift drum breaks, it may cause damage to the transmission or engine. It may also block or lock the engine, which can cause engine power loss and affect vehicle handling and acceleration, increasing the risk of an accident resulting in injury or death to the rider, passengers and/or bystanders.

What should consumers do?

Consumers will be contacted by KTM Australia and their authorised dealers. Authorised dealers will replace the shift drum, free of charge.

For further information, consumers can contact KTM Australia on 1800 644 771 or find their nearest authorised dealer using the dealer search option at https://www.ktm.com/en-au/find-a-dealer.html

Supplier

KTM Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised KTM dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 19 March 2021 - 17 May 2021

Recall advertisements and supporting documentation

Recall advertisement.pdf (117.51 KB)

Responsible regulator

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.