KTM Australia (KTM Group) - KTM Model SX-E 5 Motorcycles MY2021 Recall

A recall notice for KTM Model SX-E 5 Motorcycles MY2021 supplied by KTM Australia (KTM Group) as the battery vent valve may be missing on some motorcycles, allowing water intrusion.

KTM Australia (KTM Group) - KTM Model SX-E 5 Motorcycles MY2021

PRA No.

2020/18782

Date published

23 May 2021

Campaign number

TI 11_1827833

Product description

KTM Model SX-E 5
Electric-powered mini (off-road competition) motorcycle
Model Year 2021

46 affected motorcycles

Photograph of KTM SX-E 5 Motorbike

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (11.94 KB)

What are the defects?

The battery vent valve may be missing on some motorcycles, allowing water intrusion.

What are the hazards?

If the vent valve is not fitted, water could enter the battery and result in a short circuit, affecting the vehicle operation. A short circuit can increase the risk of an accident, causing injury or death to the rider or others.

What should consumers do?

Affected consumers have been contacted by dealerships, advising them of the recall and asking them to contact an authorised KTM dealer to arrange an appointment for inspection of their motorcycle. Affected motorcycles that have not been sold will be inspected and repaired (if needed) before sale.

For further information, consumers can contact KTM Australia on 1800 644 771 or find their nearest authorised dealer using the dealer search option at https://www.ktm.com/au

Supplier

KTM Australia (KTM Group)

Traders who sold this product

Authorised KTM Australia dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 November 2020 - 24 December 2020

Recall advertisements and supporting documentation

Recall advertisement.pdf (227.59 KB)

Responsible regulator

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.

2 Likes