Kogan - warranty, refunds, & customer service issues

Welcome to the forum @STAYER21. Could you explain a bit more about what is going on? What went wrong with the TV and when was that? What do you want to happen, what has been promised and what actually happened?

I own two, each at least seven or eight years old and still working fine. (Okay, one occasionally turns itself on for no reason, but otherwise fine.)

Kogan is fine for some consumer devices, when you have a budget.

Generic warning: extended warranties are a major profit centre for companies. That is, they are almost never useful to the end user, so the company gets the cash without having to deliver anything in return.

1 Like

Hi @STAYER21, welcome to the community.

As Kogan service, support and warranty issues as been raised in this thread, I have moved your post to an existing thread about such issues. This is so that any member, or the broader public, does a search for issues with Kogan, they appear in the same thread. As you can see from the number of posts, you are not alone with your experiences with Kogan.

3 Likes

After (2) years of casual usage the TV failed. I believe the back light has failed, That occurred on the (15/8/22) . Contacted Kogan straightaway. It has taken don’t know how many messages to Kogan (but I have them all). Eventually Kogan flicked it over to what tey call their ““Connectivity Department”” after numerous messages to them-weeks(i have these documented too), they flicked it over to Marks Electronics, they managed to avoid pick up for (3) weeks. Finally picked up on (20/10/22) - (66) days after the unit failed and they(KOGAN) were contacted!!!. Can anyone guess how long it will take Marks Electronics to fix?? I will keep you informed. This after sales service is a disgrace, if I owned Kogan, heads would roll! Sadly I used to be a strong advocate of Kogan telling family and friends, now I have to untell them all and they will untell their friends too.