Kia Motors Australia - Kia UM Sorento MY2020 Recall

A recall noyice for Kia UM Sorento MY2020 supplied by Kia Motors Australia as due to an error in the Frontal Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) software, the braking assist function may fail when the vehicle approaches a stationary vehicle or a pedestrian.

Kia Motors Australia - Kia UM Sorento MY2020

PRA No.

2019/18076

Date published

24 Dec 2019

Campaign number

Product description

Kia UM Sorento
Model Year 2020

3 315 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (484.41 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to an error in the Frontal Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) software, the braking assist function may fail when the vehicle approaches a stationary vehicle or a pedestrian.

What are the hazards?

If the FCA fails to recognise a stationary vehicle or a pedestrian, the braking assist may not activate during a frontal collision, increasing the risk of injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Affected owners will be contacted by direct mail. Owners should contact their nearest Kia Motors Australia dealer to arrange for an inspection and repair of the vehicle.

For more information, consumers should contact Kia Motors Australia on 13 15 42.

Supplier

Kia Motors Australia

Traders who sold this product

Kia Motors Australia

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 26 February 2019 - 24 December 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

1 Like