Kawasaki Motors Pty Ltd - Kawasaki ZX1400JMFNN Ninja ZX14R Motorcycle MY2021 Recall

A recall notice for Kawasaki ZX1400JMFNN Ninja ZX14R Motorcycle MY2021 supplied by Kawasaki Motors Pty Ltd as the front brake master cylinder may have components missing, which may interfere with the force applied when braking. This can result in a loss of brake performance.

Kawasaki Motors Pty Ltd - Kawasaki ZX1400JMFNN Ninja ZX14R Motorcycle MY2021

PRA No.

2020/18751

Date published

11 Feb 2021

Campaign number

DAK130L

Product description

Kawasaki ZX1400JMFNN Ninja ZX14R
Sports Motorcycle, 4 stroke, in-line 4 cylinder
Model Year 2021

The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is stamped on the motorcycle compliance plate and chassis

30 affected vehicles

Photograph of Kawasaki ZX1400JMFNN Ninja ZX14R MY2021

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (8.65 KB)

What are the defects?

The front brake master cylinder may have components missing, which may interfere with the force applied when braking. This can result in a loss of brake performance.

What are the hazards?

Reduced brake performance can increase the risk of an accident, causing serious injury or death to the rider and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners of affected motorcycles should contact their nearest Kawasaki dealer to arrange an inspection and repair of the motorcycle.

For further information, consumers can contact their nearest Authorised Kawasaki dealer by using the following link https://kawasaki.com.au/dealer-locator/ or contacting Kawasaki Motors Pty Ltd at https://kawasaki.com.au/faqs/

Supplier

Kawasaki Motors Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Kawasaki dealership network

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 26 October 2020 - 16 December 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.