Kailo Patch Shonky

I saw an ad for this “miracle” pain management “product” which immediately raised my suspicions.

Not USA FDA approved and some reviews.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-review-of-the-Kailo-patch-Is-it-a-scam

All it needs is Paleo Pete’s quack of approval.

4 Likes

It is well known that good health relies on total reality, your consciousness depends on universal possibilities and imagination requires nonlocal choices. Thus the quantum cycle is aglow with electromagnetic forces. And so by blossoming, we heal. Intention is a constant.

2 Likes

Sounds great. But don’t stick one of these antenna patches on your head to cure a headache, because you will get brain cancer.

1 Like

Whilst the Kailo pain patch doesn’t work for everyone, for some of us it’s a life-saver. The first time I encountered one, I didn’t even know what my friend was placing on my leg but the pain lifted within a minute. Amazing. And obviously not psychosomatic, as I couldn’t see what she was doing nor did she explain it. The technology is sound, and I have known several others whom it has helped as well (along with several whom it has not helped). In other words – IMHO it is not a scam at all, and has improved the quality of my life immensely.

I am all for whatever works.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that but if we disagree on that and it still works who cares?

2 Likes

Agreed.

While this site has as much credibility as any and as little as many.

the ‘independent review’ is a local and noted it does generate warmth, and nothing else, and he received a prompt refund from Amazon.

6 Likes

The product claims that it is a “nanotech bio-antenna that interacts with electrical signals in your body, naturally relieving pain.”

This should ring alarm bells.

The warmth is possibly from insulating the skin to prevent heat loss, just like a piece of cling film.

7 Likes

I’ve directed my BS detector antenna towards it, and it has gone to 11. Anything with that sort of nonsense claim is a scam IMO.

6 Likes

Serendipity!

The inventors of Kailo’s technology initially produced it as a novel antenna before accidentally discovering it could help relieve pain.

“About 9 years ago, one of the inventors (Rhett Spencer) was on a motorcycle ride in the canyon and got in an accident breaking six of his ribs,” Fetzer says. “While lying on his back in bed during recovery still trying to help out with the technology development at this stage, he was working on one of the antennas, set it down on his chest… and all his pain disappeared.” That’s when they knew the medical world could benefit from this discovery.

One small problem?

“We believe that the Kailo [Pain Patch] is essentially cleaning the signal up, not blocking it, but absorbing excess noise, so the body can deliver the correct message about pain,” Fetzer postulates.

While they don’t have physiological proof that this is exactly what’s happening,

My bolding in the above. Not knowing exactly what is happening? A lot like the paying audience at a magic show. The less you understand the more enthralled one becomes and the greater one might pay for the entertainment.

2 Likes

My guess is that they don’t have any reliable testing data to show that the device is better than a placebo. But if the punters believe then the punters will feel better. The trick is to make yourself believe that gladwrap would have the same benefit.

1 Like

The problem is that there is no signal to influence. The electrical changes in nervous transmission are essentially DC. The only significant EMR we emit is in the IR region from our body heat not our nervous system.

1 Like

Oh really? So how does EEG (brain activity) or ECG/EKG (heart activity) work then?

I didn’t say there is no electricity produced. ECG uses contact electrodes to pick up pulses that are below 30 Hz this is such a low frequency they may as well be DC. This is not radiated EMR that is picked up by an antenna which is typically 100s of kHz or MHz.

So Australian electricity supply is only 50hz. Is this also effectively DC because of it’s low frequency in comparison to radio frequencies?

Rather than wander off into a general discussion about EMR propagation perhaps it would clarify if you were to find out what frequency the antenna was supposed to detect and compare that to the frequencies that the human body can produce.

How would I know what this shonky patch is supposed to be able to do with its little ‘nano antenna’?.

I do know enough about the relationship between electrical potential, movement of charged particles, electric fields and magnetic fields, to know that this patch is pure nonsense.

And also what DC and AC mean in terms of electrical current, and how it is useful in many circumstances.

1 Like

Thank you all for your input. It appears that the topic has achieved it’s purpose and as such has been closed. If new evidence arises the topic may be reopened in the future.