JUNE FOOD CHAMPION’S CHALLENGE - Foods with valid health claims

Well… considering even the same can be said for WATER, which is a primary constituent element of the coffee beverage, I thought that was a given.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

However I found this confusing "If one eats solely an Asian diet high is rice, then one should possibly consider sourcing rice low in As or undertaking measures to reduce the amount of As in cooked. How do you know which rice is low in arsenic?

The abstract in the research paper give some provincial guide to levels…

SBS also provided a good overview of risks…

There is more to worry about than As in rice and other foods (where most foods contain As, with some like rice, seafood etc with higher concentrations).

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Paleo Pete’s Quackery Record

My GP has given me some excellent advice on diet . I suffer from GORD and IBS and her input into my diet has led to the lessening of my symptoms drastically .

6 Likes

Same here. As necessary GPs are also able to provide referrals to professional Dieticians/Nutritionalists. Australia’s major universities provide training and recognised degrees in the Health Sciences for anyone interested in that as a career.

4 Likes

When I let mine know that I only eat fatty meat, I was told to eat lean meat and add seed oils to my salads :nauseated_face:.

Cardiologist said similar regarding lean meat, but when he saw my CTCA, triglycerides/HDL & small dense LDL results he quietly said “keep doing what you’re doing, you probably don’t need to see me for another 5 years”

5 Likes

We are all different in our physiology no doubt . My cholesterol stays steady no matter what I eat yet my brother just has to look at fatty foods and his cholesterol goes through the roof .

5 Likes

Three articles regarding benefits of drinking coffee.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/study-more-coffee-linked-to-better-survival-colon-cancer-patients-2020-9

1 Like