Jaha Holdings Pty Ltd - Apache RTC1 Camper MY2019 Recall

A recall notice for Apache RTC1 Camper MY2019 supplied by Jaha Holdings Pty Ltd due to incorrect LPG installation.

Jaha Holdings Pty Ltd - Apache RTC1 Camper MY2019

PRA No.

2019/18074

Date published

16 Feb 2020

Product description

Apache RTC1 Camper
Model Year 2019

16 affected camper vans

Photograph of Titan Apache RTA1 Camper

What are the defects?

Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) is a colourless, highly flammable gas that may leak and build up inside the camper.

The gas appliances have not been installed in accordance with the gas safety standard for installation in caravans and boats for non-propulsive purposes:

1. There is no gas escape hole installed for the cooker and refrigerator in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
  2. The ventilation system for the refrigerator has not been installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions.

What are the hazards?

In the event of an LPG gas leak, unburnt gas could build up in the refrigerator rear cavity that could result in a fire, which could cause serious illness, injury or death.

What should consumers do?

Consumers should stop using all gas appliances immediately and contact the manufacturer and arrange for inspection/rectification of the gas installation.

For further information, consumers can contact the manufacturer Jaha Holdings Pty Ltd on
07 3888 0360 or email service@caravanrsc.com.au

Supplier

Jaha Holdings Pty Ltd

Where the product was sold

Queensland

Dates available for sale

• 1 January 2019 - 31 December 2019

Recall advertisements and supporting documentation

Recall advertisement.pdf (583.17 KB)

Responsible regulator

Natural Resources and Mines (QLD) is the responsible regulator for this recall.

Product category

Caravans and motorhomes

Our son-in- law’s parents were seriously injured in such an incident some 20 years ago whilst camping in FNQ when the LPG installation in their caravan leaked and caught on fire.