Jaguar Land Rover - Land Rover Discovery MY2019-2021 Recall

A recall notice for Land Rover Discovery MY2019-2021 supplied by Jaguar Land Rover as there may be insufficient contact of the startup battery ground stud to the chassis.

Jaguar Land Rover - Land Rover Discovery MY2019-2021

PRA No.

2021/18805

Date published

3 May 2021

Campaign number

N400

Product description

Land Rover Discovery
Model Years 2019-2021

1,541 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (29.19 KB)

What are the defects?

There may be insufficient contact of the startup battery ground stud to the chassis.

What are the hazards?

Vehicles may exhibit a range of electrical faults, including cutting out while being driven and losing all electrical power. This could increase the risk of an accident that may result in death or injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Jaguar Land Rover will write to all affected owners and ask them to contact their preferred/authorised repairer as soon as possible to arrange for the startup battery ground stud to be replaced, free of charge.

For more information, owners can contact the Jaguar Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre on
1800 625 642 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 8pm and Saturday, 9am - 4pm) or by email on crcau@jaguarlandrover.com

To find your nearest Jaguar Land Rover dealer, visit https://www.landrover.com.au/national-dealer-locator.html

Supplier

Jaguar Land Rover

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 21 September 2018 - 31 August 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.