Jaguar Land Rover - Jaguar XF MY2016-2018 Recall

A recall notice for Jaguar XF MY2016-2018 supplied by Jaguar Land Rover.

Jaguar Land Rover — Jaguar XF MY2016-2018

PRA No.

2019/17807

Date published

17 Sep 2019

Campaign number

H149

Product description

Jaguar XF
Model Years 2016-2018

345 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (15.37 KB)

What are the defects?

During testing there was greater than expected variation in CO2 emissions between vehicles.

What are the hazards?

Vehicles may not meet the required emissions standards.

What should consumers do?

Jaguar Land Rover will notify affected owners by letter to request that vehicles are brought to an authorised repairer for an oil change on the vehicle. Owners can contact Jaguar Land Rover on 1300 787 803 for more information.

To find your nearest Jaguar Land Rover dealer, visit https://www.landrover.com.au/national-dealer-locator.html

Supplier

Jaguar Land Rover

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Land Rover dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 31 August 2015 - 20 April 2018

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

3 Likes

and …

… and while changing the oil we’ll just plug this little cable into your ECU and reflash it … just so it’s the ‘latest version’ …???

4 Likes

Perhaps Jaguar drivers really expect to be, ‘treated differently’. Unlikely?

Although the recall action suggested may be a more widespread and well established behaviour.

Note:
Our Toyota had a recall back around 2012.

We rang to make a booking at the local Toyota dealer’s service centre. The service staff were apparently enthusiastic/pushy to the extreme about the next service. The vehicle had not seen a Toyota dealer for many years! There are other providers who have done the job for us, although you do need to ensure they fill out the maintenance log book as evidence. Despite being a 30 minute job (or less) it seemed all too hard for the service centre to fit us in just for a recall.

Rational vs emotion, (insight vs fear) they found the purse strings of the softer one.

Wiser the next time!

3 Likes