Jaguar Land Rover Australia - Jaguar E-Pace RHD MY2021 Recall

A recall notice for Jaguar E-Pace RHD MY2021 supplied by Jaguar Land Rover Australia as an incorrect wiring harness configuration to the restraints control module (RCM) links the wrong seat belt buckle. This can cause the driver’s seatbelt pre-tensioner to not function, unless the front passenger seat is occupied.

Jaguar Land Rover Australia - Jaguar E-Pace RHD MY2021

PRA No.

2021/18965

Date published

23 May 2021

Campaign number

H342

Product description

Jaguar E-Pace RHD vehicles
Model Year 2021

133 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (11.52 KB)

What are the defects?

An incorrect wiring harness configuration to the restraints control module (RCM) links the wrong seat belt buckle. This can cause the driver’s seatbelt pre-tensioner to not function, unless the front passenger seat is occupied.

What are the hazards?

In the event of an accident, the driver’s seat belt pre-tensioner may not operate when required. This could increase the risk of injury or, in the case of a serious accident, increase the risk of death to vehicle occupants.

What should consumers do?

Owners will be notified and instructed to take their vehicle to an approved Land Rover dealer to have their seats realigned and repaired free of charge.

For more information, owners can contact the Jaguar Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre on
1800 625 642 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 8pm and Saturday 9am - 4pm) or by email on crcau@jaguarlandrover.com

To find your nearest Jaguar Land Rover dealer, visit https://www.landrover.com.au/national-dealer-locator.html

Supplier

Jaguar Land Rover Australia

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 16 June 2020 - 24 February 2021

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.

1 Like