Isuzu Australia Limited - Isuzu N Series Trucks MY2019-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Isuzu N Series Trucks MY2019-2020 supplied by Isuzu Australia Limited as the driving light switch receives power when the lights are on, when it should only receive power when the lights are on high beam.
This means that the driving lights may be on when the vehicle operator only intends side lights or low beam.

Isuzu Australia Limited - Isuzu N Series Trucks MY2019-2020

PRA No.

2020/18452

Date published

23 Sep 2020

Campaign number

20-Z-02

Product description

Isuzu N Series trucks
Model Years 2019-2020

21 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (380.44 KB)

What are the defects?

The driving light switch receives power when the lights are on, when it should only receive power when the lights are on high beam.
This means that the driving lights may be on when the vehicle operator only intends side lights or low beam.

What are the hazards?

If the driving lights remain on this may negatively affect the night vision of other drivers. This may increase the risk of an accident and injury or death to other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners of affected vehicles should contact their nearest Isuzu dealer to arrange for inspection and repair, free of charge.

For further information, contact your dealer or Isuzu Australia Customer Care by phoning 1800 035 640.

Supplier

Isuzu Australia Limited

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Isuzu Truck dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 July 2019 - 31 March 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.