Is this false advertising to lure the customer into the store?

Special deals at ALDI aside, supermarkets of any hue cannot all staok the same products because not stores are the same size. If you see something being advertised why not call your local store to see whether they stock it. If not then try a biggeer store.

As for ALDI and their weekly specials, they are about as available as unicorns.

4 Likes

I only ever go to ALDI for the special buys and don’t buy any groceries there so the ‘get traffic into the store’ doesn’t work for people like me. Maybe it’s where I live, (country town) but they nearly always have the buy I want and I’m not rushing in there at opening time on a Sat or Weds. I have never bought a big ticket item like a washing machine or TV but often see them in there past the date that buy started.

4 Likes

I am a bit like you to with shopping at Aldi’s, country store also, more recently I have purchased grocery items and the savings are very noticeable , as for Special Buys, I believe they are bait, I have twice wanted a bigger ticket item from them and arrived early to only be told once the entering the store and finding no stock, ‘oh it hasn’t been delivered yet, could I have your contact details and we will contact/message you when they come in’ well apparently the items have never arrived as they have never contacted me … and checking with another store employee, our local store never received any … and being a country store its not like we can just pop over to another store … so I do feel its a bit like ‘come in sucker’

1 Like