Is a NutriBullet blender worth it? We put the range to the test

We review the NutriBullet to see if it’s worth adding one to your kitchen.

Do you get much use out of your blender, or does it mostly stay in the cupboard?

4 Likes

My wife has had one for around a decade and has used it regularly to make fruit smoothies for her breakfast, generally once or twice a week.

She uses combinations of OOB frozen blueberries, mixed berries & mangoes, baby spinach leaves, bananas, pineapple, pears and other items with some ice blocks added and topped with coconut water.

She loves the product.

5 Likes

They cost how much?
It’s good to know there are other less expensive options.

From NutriBullet, is a 12 month warranty a reasonable outcome for a product many may use several times a week?

4 Likes

$169 to $189 for these models. There are lower wattage versions which are about $100 less.

I have looked at them instore but wonder how good the seals are to prevent leakages when the container is inverted for blending.

While the seals may work well when new, do they maintain their seal over time especially when the ‘lid’ is removed regularly? Maybe someone who has had one for a long time and uses it regularly can give some experiences.

5 Likes

I have a NutriInfusion 1200, a couple of years old now. I upgraded from a “George Foreman” smoothie blender from Target which burned out from overuse…
The blender here used to be used daily for making breakfast smoothies until my dietician told me to cut back on “liquid food”. I’ve switched to biscuits in the morning and the blender is seeing less use, but it still comes out to make acai bowls for dessert, and plays a part in a few meals on our rotation as well (It makes VERY good crepe batter!). It really is fantastic for pulverising whatever you put in it (far better than the cheaper version I had previously), as long as there is liquid.
My parents use their NutriNinja frequently for cocktails.
I’m glad to have it, but I don’t think I’d spend much more than what it cost ($90-$100?), especially when I also have a phenomenal food processor.

6 Likes

We had a bullet, but it was fired! It was OK for one person, but when you have multiple people to serve simultaneously it was not practical, and we quickly went back to using the blender which did enough for everyone in one go.

5 Likes
3 Likes

I like mine, sometimes make smoothies, other times dips.

1 Like

Most definitely
Our Nutribullet gets used most days by 2 people. We’ve bought extra containers and base. The parts might not stand the rest of time but the machine had been with us for the best part of 10 years

2 Likes

We have had 2 Nutribullet bases burn out now due to leakages during blending. It seems that if the lid is screwed on, but not super-tight, then the vibrations of the machine loosen it, and smoothie starts leaking out. When enough (more than a tablespoon or two) leaks out, it goes down a drainage hole in the base to the the underside of the machine.

I don’t know whether the liquid runs through the drainage hole onto the motor, or whether it simply pools under the base and is then sucked up into the motor, but either way, the motor starts to smoke and then fatally burns out.

This seems to be a design fault with the machine, as it would be reasonably anticipated that leakages would occur from the blender, especially one that blends upside down.

Has anyone else had similar experiences.

3 Likes

Perhaps there needs to be redesign so that it will not work unless the top container is screwed on tight enough? This might be achievable by having the sensor in a location that is only triggered when the lid is on really tight. That solution might be a problem for people with arthritis, or the elderly.

2 Likes

Hi @jfeiglin,

I merged your post into this existing one since your experience adds to previous questions about real world experiences, and could inform a future report.

1 Like

Or some kind of locking mechanism that stops the vibrations loosening the lid.

3 Likes

Absolutely!!

Use it constantly in the summer, less in the winter.

We bought a 1200watt (the most powerful I believe) kit with various sized cups and lids to replace a cumbersome to use centrifugal juicer (and get the extra benefit of the plant fibre which is lost otherwise. Our most common juice blend is carrot, celery, apple, ginger and beetroot. Negligable use for smoothies or shakes.

We have just given it to another family member who mainly mixes protein/energy shakes. Reasons:-

1/ the blades were not sharp enough to deal with “tough” items like carrot and the blends were chunky - subsequent checks on products on the shelves showed some products had sharper blades than ours - it would be a good thing to check if you’re in the market for one.
2/ the lid seal failed after only a few hours of use - I ordered replacements from eBay (non genuine it should be said but quoted for our model and from an Australian supplier) which were a little thicker than the original making it difficult to push and turn the cup on
3/ the thing is LOUD - I don’t have a decibel meter but it’s the loudest kitchen appliance I’ve ever used - I suspected the bearings might have been shot and found many vendors for them on eBay so it may be an issue for them if liquids make their way past the drive seal - ours wouldn’t have done 10 hours total use so I decided to give up on Nutribullet and go back to the old juicer.
4/ the fake chrome coating applied to various parts started to rub off after, as stated above, very little use

Overall a disappointing brand for us. The bullet concept would still suit many who want a quick easy to clean shot of smoothie but I’d definitely check out other offerings before purchase.

3 Likes

Great feedback on the product.
We use a stick blender. We purchased a couple of metal milk shake cups decades ago which are very versatile. It takes up less room and is great for soups, sauces and general cooking use.

Note member content:

3 Likes