Improving Choice Testing and Reviews

Hi @Ozcelt, I can see that you’re very frustrated, my apologies that our review hasn’t been able to assist you. I’m impressed that your existing food processor has served you well for 25 years, our testing indicates that a modern high end food processor can last over 20 years with maintenance and repairs (7 years without).

Our food processor reviews are member content, so for this reason I’ll avoid sharing our recommended models. You’ve mentioned:

I’m assuming that you’re referring to the member reviews on the product pages, but please let me know if this isn’t the case. We’ve allowed member reviews on these pages, but many of the products do not have a large number of reviews, or any member reviews at all. We realise this is an area where we could improve. At the time, I’m not sure that it is accurate to say that every one of these reviews is scathing. On the top the product ‘1 in 6’ reviewers recommend this product, on the second product 5 in 9 reviewers recommend:

If you go through each of the recommended products, you’ll see examples where all reviewers recommend the product

For your information, we do incorporate member feedback into our product reviews, but not necessarily the public comments that have caused you concern. While it is hard to perform perfect long term, mass market assessments, we do have an extensive member survey that has been running over a number of years to help us gauge real world performance over time using a large number of cases. This is combined with the lab testing we perform to provide the scores members see on the main page of the food processor review.

The CHOICE Community is another place you can ask for user recommendations, I’d welcome you to do so in this thread. I hope this information helps temper your feeling toward our review, and thanks again for this feedback.

7 Likes