Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd - Hyundai Santa Fe MY2006-2009 Recall

A recall notice for Hyundai Santa Fe MY2006-2009 supplied by Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd as due to a manufacturing error, an electronic control circuit board in the Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) module will short circuit when the components are exposed to moisture.

Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd - Hyundai Santa Fe MY2006-2009

PRA No.

2020/18302

Date published

8 May 2020

Campaign number

01D025

Product description

Hyundai Santa Fe
Anti-Lock Brake (ABS) Module
Model Years 2006-2009
Manufactured between 16 March 2005 and 22 September 2009

9 393 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (201.16 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to a manufacturing error, an electronic control circuit board in the Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) module will short circuit when the components are exposed to moisture.

What are the hazards?

There is a risk of an engine compartment fire, even when the vehicle is turned off, as the circuit is constantly powered. This could increase the risk of an accident, serious injury to vehicle occupants, other road users and bystanders, and damage to property.

The short circuit does not affect the functioning of the brake system.

What should consumers do?

Affected vehicles need to be parked in an open space and away from flammable materials and structures, that is, not in a garage.

Owners of affected vehicles will be contacted by Hyundai Motor Company Australia and asked to contact an authorised Hyundai dealership to have a relay kit installed on the circuit board. This prevents the power surge and eliminates the risk of fire. This repair will be conducted free of charge. Parts expected to become available from July 2020.

Affected owners can find their nearest dealer by visiting https://www.hyundai.com.au/dealer

For further information, consumers can contact Hyundai’s Customer Care Centre on 1800 186 306.

Supplier

Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Hyundai dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.