Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd - Hyundai Elantra (HD) MY2008-2009 Recall

A recall notice for Hyundai Elantra (HD) MY2008-2009 supplied by Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd as the driver’s airbag inflator may rupture in the event of airbag deployment.

Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd - Hyundai Elantra (HD) MY2008-2009

PRA No.

2020/18456

Date published

13 Sep 2020

Campaign number

01D042

Product description

Hyundai Elantra (HD)
Model Years 2008-2009

28 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (189.64 KB)

What are the defects?

The driver’s airbag inflator may rupture in the event of airbag deployment.

What are the hazards?

If the airbag inflator ruptures during airbag deployment, metal fragments may propel towards the vehicle occupants at high speeds. Additionally, the airbag may under-inflate in a collision and may not protect the driver as intended. This increases the risk of serious injury or death to the vehicle occupants.

What should consumers do?

Consumers should stop driving the vehicle. Hyundai Motor Company Australia will notify affected owners and invite them to take their vehicles to an authorised Hyundai dealership to have the driver airbag module replaced.

Affected consumers can find their nearest dealer by visiting https://www.hyundai.com.au/dealer

For further information, consumers can contact Hyundai’s Customer Care Centre on 1800 186 306.

Supplier

Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Hyundai dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.