Hyundai Motor Company Australia - Hyundai Kona 1.6T MY2018-2019 Recall

A recall notice for Hyundai Kona 1.6T MY2018-2019 supplied by Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd due to a possible manufacturing error.

Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd — Hyundai Kona 1.6T MY2018-2019

PRA No.

2018/17252

Date published

8 Jan 2019

Campaign number

81C103

Product description

This recall has been extended from July 2019 (additional 1 115 vehicles)

Hyundai Kona 1.6T
Model Years 2018-2019

6 084 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list (extended).pdf (113.21 KB)

What are the defects?

During assembly the vehicles may not have had the front brake tube fitted correctly. The tube may come in contact with the exhaust system and the braking performance could be compromised. In addition, a fire could result.

What are the hazards?

The brake line can be squashed or ruptured after prolonged contact, resulting in poor brake performance or brake failure, that can lead to a risk of a car accident or car fire, injuring vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Return the vehicle to an authorised Hyundai dealership to have the vehicle inspected. If the assembly is faulty then the vehicle shall be rectified free of charge.

For further information, consumers can contact Hyundai’s Customer Care Centre on 1800 186 306, or find their local dealer at www.hyundai.com.au/dealer

Supplier

Hyundai Motor Company Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Hyundai Dealer Network

Where the product was sold

International

Dates available for sale

• 20 April 2018 - 11 September 2018

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

3 Likes

Nice way of saying you will lose your braking fluid and only have a handbrake to rely on…plus the addition of Burn Baby Burn as a complementary extra.

2 Likes