How to clean your smartphone

Keep your phone squeaky clean without any damage with these tips:

3 Likes

I hate to point out the obvious, but the only person who is likely to be touching or breathing on my phone is me - and I am unlikely to infect myself with COVID-19 or any other infection.

While I may place my phone on a surface, it will be face-up - so the bit touching my face will not be touching any dirty, disgusting, germ-filled surfaces.

4 Likes

Hi @postulative, I reply only to point our that your hand will be touching the potentially contaminated underside of the phone and it you wipe your nose or mouth with that hand …

4 Likes

Possibly true (although I use Bluetooth headphones), but I am one of those people who shines in the current situation - my standard level of personal hygiene has been described as obsessive-compulsive. I also prefer to keep ‘my space’ to myself, limiting the number of people who are likely to contaminate me or my phone.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club.

1 Like

IP68 waterproof phone case (which I have because I kayak, and use my phone to take pictures). Wash phone when washing hands, soap and water all over, no problems.

A good quality waterproof+drop protection case is an awesome investment for an expensive phone. I bought two such cases (same brand but they do scratch so you may like to replace them after a while) for my last phone. Added up to about 10% of the value of the phone, but at the end of two years when I upgraded, the phone inside the case was in mint condition and able to be sold on for a very good price.

5 Likes