Honesty Box NBN Scheme, is it legit or a scam

I can only suggest on both that you write to/email the company and ask for an answer to your queries. Whenever I have contacted them they have replied reasonably quickly (day or two) and addressed my queries.

As for numbers it isn’t that far different to the ACCC first year where they expected about 2,000 households but they are increasing to around 4,000 but this is what ACCC say currently “which consists of hundreds of volunteers around the country who host a Whitebox on their broadband connection”.

The Honesty Box one starts at around 1,500 and may be expanded to 3,000 (possibly to include ADSL & Cable as well). CHOICE as they are paying for the testing may be able to provide more detail as to whether they will expand the testing, if it will run for longer than the announced 36 months, and what statistical certainty they have on results. I know that at least once data had to be adjusted because of outliers in the results as can be read about in the “Has any actual NBN customer speed data been published?” topic.

To contact Honesty Box you can write to them at

Suite 1, 79 Myrtle St
Chippendale, NSW, 2010
Australia

or email them at

helpdesk@honestybox.com.au (as per their email address in the program’s pdf document)

5 Likes