Honda Australia Pty Ltd - Honda Odyssey MY2019 Recall

A recall notice for Honda Odyssey MY2019 supplied by Honda Australia Pty Ltd as due to incorrect manufacturing of the rear seatbelt assembly, the webbing sensor in the 3rd row left rear seat belt assembly may become inoperative.

Honda Australia Pty Ltd - Honda Odyssey MY2019

PRA No.

2020/18372

Date published

25 Sep 2020

Campaign number

6SY

Product description

Honda Odyssey
Model Year 2019

36 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (8.82 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to incorrect manufacturing of the rear seatbelt assembly, the webbing sensor in the 3rd row left rear seat belt assembly may become inoperative.

What are the hazards?

If the vehicle sensor fails to engage during a crash, proper restraint may not be provided to a belted occupant, increasing the risk of an injury.

Warning: the ACCC considers that the hazard posed to consumers from this safety defect includes the risk that, in the event of an accident, proper restraint may not be provided to a belted occupant, increasing the risk of serious injury or death.

What should consumers do?

Owners of affected vehicles should contact their preferred Honda Australia dealership to arrange for repair, free of charge.

For further information, consumers can contact Honda on 1800 804 945 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 6pm AEST)

Supplier

Honda Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Honda dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 27 September 2019 - 10 January 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.