Honda Australia Motorcycles and Power Equipment Pty Ltd - Honda CRF450R Motorcycle MY2021 Recall

A recall notice for Honda CRF450R Motorcycle MY2021 supplied by Honda Australia Motorcycles and Power Equipment Pty Ltd as due to a manufacturing fault, the motorcycle’s drive chain joining link may dislodge, which can cause the chain to detach from the rear sprocket.

Honda Australia Motorcycles and Power Equipment Pty Ltd - Honda CRF450R Motorcycle MY2021

PRA No.

2021/18940

Date published

16 May 2021

Campaign number

3LU

Product description

Honda CRF450R 449cc
Off-road competition range motorcycle
Model Year 2021

550 affected motorcycles

Photograph of Honda CRF450R Motorcycle MY2021

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (15.69 KB)

What are the defects?

Due to a manufacturing fault, the motorcycle’s drive chain joining link may dislodge, which can cause the chain to detach from the rear sprocket.

What are the hazards?

If the drive chain detaches, the motorcycle may experience loss in vehicle control. This can increase the risk of an accident, causing serious injury or death to the rider and bystanders.

What should consumers do?

Consumers should contact their nearest Honda motorcycle dealer and arrange for their motorcycle to be inspected and repaired at their earliest opportunity.

Consumers can find their nearest dealership at https://motorcycles.honda.com.au/#!/finddealer

For further information, consumers should contact their authorised Honda Motorcycle Dealer directly or contact the Customer Relations Department on 1300 559 846 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 6pm) or email customer.relations@honda.com.au or via the website https://motorcycles.honda.com.au/contactus

Supplier

Honda Australia Motorcycles and Power Equipment Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

National Network of Authorised Honda Motorcycle Franchises

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 October 2020 - 26 March 2021

Responsible regulator

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recal

1 Like