Help us decide which simple phones to test

Simple phones, senior phones, feature phones - they all mean the same thing and we need your help to decide which phones we test.

CHOICE is about to start market research for our next test on mobiles that aren’t smartphones but still may provide some interesting features and functions such as alerts, multiple SMS send-outs by pressing a button etc. These phones are supposed to be simple to use, with real buttons and easy-to-read screens.

Let us know which simple mobile phone you want us to test in the comments below and we will put it on our shopping list, which we plan to finalise in two weeks. While all replies will be considered, the models with the most suggestions will be certain to get into the test.

3 Likes

I have a Telstra Easy call 2 (a few years old now ) but ideal for me. Purchased same for my father-in-law who is in a nursing home and blind -no sight at all. this phone is ideal for him and I would strongly recommend
to any sight affected person.

3 Likes

The Nokia 3310 looks like a must include.

3 Likes

The EasyPhone 3 as advertised in the auto club magazines.

2 Likes

Nokia 3310 is only 2G as far as I know. Not useful for most in Australia.

3 Likes

Kisaphone should be on the list http://www.kisaphone.com.au

Also look at Konka and Easymate, and I think Samsung is still selling a big button flip phone.

2 Likes

Nokia recently announced a 3G version of the 3310. It should be coming to Australia, too.

2 Likes

We have tested the Kisa phone twice in the past. I don’t believe it has changed since our last test. We also tested a Konka in our last project.

2 Likes

I would suggest the “Olitech Easy Mate +” from olitech.com.au - an Australian company. It is a simple phone for people who need big buttons and large print on the screen. I already bought one for my wife and think others like her may also like it.

2 Likes