Have you tried Koh (Ecoworx) or Enjo cleaning products?

Our article on Koh, Enjo and other cleaners has been released:

4 Likes

I’ve had several Enjo products for around 10 years. The cloths are as good as new and do a good job with dusting or cleaning. The hardware is less flexible than I expected so it’s hard to shift the long handle from the mop to the window cleaner, and hard to buy extra long handles without lots of extra expense.

3 Likes

I’m an Enjo fan, been using it for years. Aware it’s really expensive. Started using it because cleaning products make me cough and my son has a chronic lung condition so it’s not appropirate to use chemicals around him. Have other micro fibre cloths I use and they are inferior to the Enjo brand. I don’t use the Enjo cleaning sprays much, I prefer Nature Direct which is a Brisbane born and based company and work well with Enjo or their own micro fibre cloths - vegetable based products. They have a great floor mop system but I still prefer to use my Enjo floor fibre. Enjo window system is fantastic, streak free every time and doesn’t take me long, compared with other window cleaning systems that take ages to get everything cleaned and kills my back before I’ve finished.
Haven’t Used Koh but given that it’s Potassium hydroxide, and I was thinking it was chemical free, to use with my microfibre and Enjo cloths, I won’t be purchasing it, glad I paid attention to this post.
Saying that Koh could be a possibility for the shower as Enjo doesn’t always do it justice and the mould still appears if I don’t keep at it. Might reread people’s responses to your post. Thank you for the question

1 Like

Everything is a “chemical”. I doubt that you will find any kind of supermarket cleanser that is not produced industrially and that has no synthetic component. Even the so-called natural components will be industrially processed to extract them from their source. The idea that if it is “natural” it is better is somewhat off target. I suggest you change the way you select your cleanser and pick the one that works (as Choice reviews show plenty don’t) that has the least risk to personal health and the environment.

The vendors of the product play this game and misdirect people with their advertising. “No harsh chemicals” is just a lie. That doesn’t mean it is necessarily harmful. The dose makes the poison.

Chemical free doesn’t exist.

3 Likes

That is right, even water is a chemical…H2O or dihydrogen monoxide.

1 Like

CHOICE recently tested Koh, see the results here:

3 Likes

Good review by the staff @BrendanMays.
Who would have thought?
And just how good is water?

P.S.
Like the Choice tester we once used scrunched up old newspapers to polish our cleaned windows. Probably the only value most of them provide. These days it seems wasteful to even bother buying one. Assume a clean dry microfibre cloth such as used on iPad screens would work well too.

1 Like