Have you heard about this charity ? :Part 2

I can certainly identify with the prize.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ve been contacted by these people and I do not like them one little bit! And I have told them so in no uncertain terms.
Every time they use a different number which, in itself, sets off huge alarm bells for me.
Why go to such lengths to hide your contact number?
They are an absolute nuisance and need to be reigned in very severely.
I DO NOT TRUST THEM ONE INCH.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @the.sceptic . Thanks for your input .

3 Likes

I just had a call from the my charity survey as well. I donā€™t mind doing surveys as I know from doing post-grad studies how helpful it is to be able to get responses. However I was concerned when I baulked at giving my address details that they then gave it to me. They already had all the details. Why do they need to know when it is only a survey. Then kept asking questions about me.

I ended up politely saying I am wanting to opt out of the survey a couple of times while the caller was trying to get me to answer ā€˜just a few questions moreā€™. In the end I hung up over the buts but now feeling uncomfortable, vulnerable and unhappy that Iā€™ve been quite rude but had already said more than in hindsight I liked.

Am hoping they were legit but just in case I suggest it may not be wise to answer. Didnā€™t seem to be easy to stop (without being rude) or respectful of anonymity that I would have liked.

1 Like

Thank you to those who have contributed to this forum.

They called me this morning on my land line and I took part in the survey thinking it was just research. Then an hour later, I received calls from 6 different charities in a row. This is uncomfortable as I like to choose who I donate to. I do not like being cold called by charities asking for money. Thanks to this forum, I just filled in the opt out register by googling my charity.

Hopefully they donā€™t call again.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @DDT Di . I hope you succeed in being left alone by these cold canvassing calls .

3 Likes