Had an issue with the NBN? Tell your story to the media

We’re looking for a case study to highlight some of the many issues we’ve heard about with the NBN. If you live in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane areas, please leave a comment or send an email to media@choice.com.au.

2 Likes

Why just the big smoke? you could door knock the town I live in and get a better than 75% hit rate of NBN complaints I reckon !!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This was my comment too @draughtrider. We’re working with some external media and they have asked for this specifically :wink:

We are definitely hearing all the NBN complaints from regional areas. I have family in the same boat!

1 Like

Once again Tassie is left off the map, even though we were first to have the NBN and have probably more experience with it. We have fttp which is good, but getting connected was a bugga due to NBN Co not actually having permission to use the Telstra owned poles to string the cables onto, even though it was Telstra that put in the request for the connection for us. We ended up without a phone or Internet connection for about 6 weeks. Had a perfectly good copper wire connection already in the house we’d just moved into which gave a dial tone when we plugged a phone into it, but because the area was flagged as NBN ready, we weren’t allowed to actually have our account transferred over to the thing.

1 Like

I’ve been lead to believe that when the NBN comes past my house I have 18 months to hook on, after that my current service is cut off, is this true?
I’m in Sydney, I’m very happy with my current Telstra cable broadband getting 35mbps and don’t want the NBN.
I’m confused that the government is removing our choice.

1 Like

@Techaddict Yes, you will have 18 months after the NBN is active in your area to find a provider.

However as you are on Cable your area may be remaining with Cable, which will be called HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial), and Telstra are one of the RSPs (Retail Service Providers) of the NBN. Your current Cable Contract may even include the swap over to NBN as part of it’s conditions.

If at all concerned contact your local Telstra Store or ring Telstra to discuss what will happen. You will get a new Modem once the NBN is in place but that should be about the only change you will notice.

2 Likes