Gaming Nutritional Values?

The creativity of marketeers never lets me down. In this case I cannot imagine why the serving size is what it is. 9 might be right since that is 2 pieces per serve, and 3 pieces might be 1 too many, but 7 serves in a packet of 18 pieces (2 4/7 pieces per serve)? Not shonky but really!

9 Likes

Well spotted, that is truly bizarre. Imagine opening the fridge and finding slithers of paired down morsels :joy:

6 Likes

Nothing! Finding nothing is what you’d do if these were in the fridge and I got to it first.

Servings per package: 1

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

:joy: I’m with you on that one.

4 Likes

What is shonky is I rarely buy chocolates, but this one must be a weight watchers special…it comes with no chocolates.

7 serves per box equates to … zero pieces?

I agree about the serving size. We often see packaging which have serving size in grams which is inconsistent with the individual piece sizes. As a result, we only look at the per 100gm column as the service size one is often meaningless.

1 Like

Did not wish to tempt anyone further so waited until (the obvious). Chocolatier is right up with the better domestic chocolates. Pure yum! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I bought a marked down pack of Woollies South Indian Curry the other day, but when I was preparing to eat it for dinner last night, much to my horror, I noticed that it was labelled “vegan”.

Fortunately, I had some leftover Woollies roast chook which I had bought marked down to $4 so I was able to make the curry safe to eat.

What really surprised me was that the 400gm curry was labelled as serving 2 persons without any suggested additions, a mere 597kJ per serve or 7% of DI.

A 400gm Woolies beef ragu lasagna I bought the other day was labelled as 1 serve with 2,340kJ.

The 350gm Coles Kitchen Chicken Tikka Masala I am going to have for dinner today is labelled as 1 serve with 1,510kJ and 17% of DI.

Presumably, if anyone wants to eat the average daily intake of 8,700 kJ, they would have to eat 14 serves of South Indian Curry or any similar dishes.

Horror might also describe how someone from Southern India might react if it was not labelled as ‘vegan’? :wink:

No need to panic about the kiloJoules as a traditional meal would have more than one dish along with rice, rotti, etc. No beer!

Spot on, although many from India might call that extravagant luxury and survive on much less.

But this is Woollies in Australia. The “serving suggestion” image only shows a few small green leaves added amd no mention of eating it with rice or bread.

I ate the whole bowl by itself and I certainly did not feel full.

???

I ate the whole Tikka Masala by itself. It was delicious and I did not fell overly full.

In their usual inimitable fashion, Coles had reduced them to clear and they were not short dated, but I only bought 2.

I thought this could be a contender in this topic, Heinz Big Red tomato soup. The five serves refers to the vegies, and each tin is suggested to contain four overall servings (small bowls or thinned soup I guess?). Also, considering the sodium, those veggies are well salted!

• 5 vegie serves per 420g can* (One Serve of Vegetables = 75g. Aim for a variety of vegetables each day.)

1 Like

Well I guess that since tomato is a fruit, technically, the blurb could claim you are getting daily serves of fruit as well. In one tin. How good is that?

1 Like