Free Computer games END Dates Various

A new free game offer from Humble Bundle that will last from the time of this post about another 2 1/2 days. The game on offer is Grid 2 & it comes with 2 track add on keys one of them being Bathurst Track.

Link deleted on offer expiry

1 Like

Epic Games is giving away a new free game every two weeks. You do need to install their game launching alternative to Steam. (This is exactly the same tactic used by Electronic Arts with their Origin game launcher and Ubisoft with uPlay - but both of these appear to have grabbed enough users to tighten the belts a little.)

So far Epic Games has given me Subnautica, Axiom Verge (?), The Jackbox Pary Pack, What Remains of Edith Finch, and Thimbleweed Park. Their current freebie (until the end of today - sorry for the latest notice) is Slime Rancher - which I have also grabbed.

From tomorrow 21 March (US time, presumably) to 4 April Epic Games is offering Oxenfreeā€¦ free.

Iā€™ll provide the generic home page link since the free game should always be listed at the top.

2 Likes

For the nexrt 2 and a bit days from this posting Humble Bundle are offering Tacoma for free. To get the deal visit:

Link deleted after offer expiry.

2 Likes

They do require that you sign up for their newsletter, but I am already a subscriber. The other thing to note with this one is it will be added to your Humble Library, but it is not a Steam key or similar - itā€™s a direct download.

Oh well, free is free :slight_smile: .

I have no idea why I took so long to discover this particular thread, given my expansive and ever-growing game library (nearly 2,000 :crazy_face: just on Steam, I have no idea when Iā€™ll ever get around to them all).

2 Likes

Another game(Age of Wonders III) from Humble Bundle available free for a short time. Free offer will last for about another 36 hours. Signing up to the Humble Bundle newsletter is required if not already receiving it.

3 Likes

Free game available on Epic Games until. 28th June 2019. The game is:

It does require signing up to Epic Games

5 Likes

Humble Bundle had on offer for free the:

Endless Space Collection

Link to the game deleted after offer expiry.

5 Likes

This weekā€™s freebie from the Epic Games Store for the next seven days is Conarium. No link included as you need to install the store software, as linked in my earlier post.

(They appear to have moved from fortnightly to weekly freebies.)

3 Likes

This week Epic is giving away six games. The Batman: Arkham series (Asylum/City/Knight), and the Lego Batman series.

Again, you need to install the software.

Another current giveaway is from Rockstar Games, which is opening its own game store. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is currently free if you install the Rockstar Games Launcher. (Yet another game launcher!?)

3 Likes

Epic had two free games on offer they were:

Everything (this is the game name only and does not mean their entire catalogue :slight_smile: It is a reality simulation game )

Metro: 2033 Redux (a FPS/Shooter)

They were only available for free for a limited time. You will need to install the Epic Launcher to take advantage of the free offers they make available weekly.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/download

2 Likes

Free game offer from GOG.com for about the next 36 hours called Postal 2:

Link removed after offer expiry.

2 Likes

Warning: while I have not played any of the games in this series they are definitely not family-friendly. Readers may remember the original as sparking some controversy when it was first released.

2 Likes

Steam are offering Half Life, Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Episode 1, & Half Life 2 Episode 2 for free for at least the next month. You will need a Steam Account and the Steam Application so if you donā€™t have either you will need to get that done first. After that copy and paste the links into your browser to download and install the games:

Links deleted after offer expiry

2 Likes

Currently Kingdom Come: Deliverance is free on the Epic Games Store.

Itā€™s not a game for everyone. Pretty brutal at times, clunky, sometimes hard to the point of frustration. But thereā€™s so much care put into the setting (all the main characters are based on real medieval figures) and the devs clearly love what they do. So definitely check it out if you like open world RPGs.

2 Likes

Civilization is currently free on the Epic Games store (normally $89.95, valid until 5/29/2020 )

4 Likes

You werenā€™t eating a peanut butter & jelly sandwich when you posted your update?

3 Likes

PB and jam is nicer.

3 Likes

Yes, my apologies :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It is that time of the week again, and Epic hasā€¦

Free until 05/06/2020 (5th of June - using Australian dates).

Personally, I never really got into Borderlands. It has been called an RPG, but is really a shooter with occasional RPG elements. Oh well, free is free.

4 Likes

Nice one!

2 Likes