CHOICE membership

Free Computer games END Dates Various

Free game available on Epic Games until. 28th June 2019. The game is:

It does require signing up to Epic Games

Link deleted after offer expiry.

5 Likes

Humble Bundle had on offer for free the:

Endless Space Collection

Link to the game deleted after offer expiry.

5 Likes

This week’s freebie from the Epic Games Store for the next seven days is Conarium. No link included as you need to install the store software, as linked in my earlier post.

(They appear to have moved from fortnightly to weekly freebies.)

3 Likes

This week Epic is giving away six games. The Batman: Arkham series (Asylum/City/Knight), and the Lego Batman series.

Again, you need to install the software.

Another current giveaway is from Rockstar Games, which is opening its own game store. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is currently free if you install the Rockstar Games Launcher. (Yet another game launcher!?)

3 Likes

Epic had two free games on offer they were:

Everything (this is the game name only and does not mean their entire catalogue :slight_smile: It is a reality simulation game )

Metro: 2033 Redux (a FPS/Shooter)

They were only available for free for a limited time. You will need to install the Epic Launcher to take advantage of the free offers they make available weekly.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/download

2 Likes

Free game offer from GOG.com for about the next 36 hours called Postal 2:

Link removed after offer expiry.

2 Likes

Warning: while I have not played any of the games in this series they are definitely not family-friendly. Readers may remember the original as sparking some controversy when it was first released.

2 Likes

Steam are offering Half Life, Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Episode 1, & Half Life 2 Episode 2 for free for at least the next month. You will need a Steam Account and the Steam Application so if you don’t have either you will need to get that done first. After that copy and paste the links into your browser to download and install the games:

Links deleted after offer expiry

2 Likes

Currently Kingdom Come: Deliverance is free on the Epic Games Store.

It’s not a game for everyone. Pretty brutal at times, clunky, sometimes hard to the point of frustration. But there’s so much care put into the setting (all the main characters are based on real medieval figures) and the devs clearly love what they do. So definitely check it out if you like open world RPGs.

2 Likes

Civilization is currently free on the Epic Games store (normally $89.95, valid until 5/29/2020 )

4 Likes

You weren’t eating a peanut butter & jelly sandwich when you posted your update?

3 Likes

PB and jam is nicer.

3 Likes

Yes, my apologies :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It is that time of the week again, and Epic has…

Free until 05/06/2020 (5th of June - using Australian dates).

Personally, I never really got into Borderlands. It has been called an RPG, but is really a shooter with occasional RPG elements. Oh well, free is free.

4 Likes

Nice one!

2 Likes

GOG (which used to stand for Good Old Games, but now hosts modern games as well - all DRM-free) has three games for free:

• Delores - A Thimbleweed Park Adventure (not the game Thimbleweed Park, which was available for free on Epic a few months ago)
  • Ascendant - which appears to be a fighting game
  • War Wind - real time strategy from last century.

Not sure how long this giveaway will last, or whether it is permanent. GOG has other games that are permanently free in its store; you can find these by going to the GOG store and selecting the price filter “Free” on the left-hand-side. (Many of these are demos or DLC, but there are also a lot of full games.)

Edit: just noticed there is also a button to filter out DLC, which reduces the list length.

4 Likes

This week in free games the Epic Games Store is offering:

• Ark: Survival Evolved
  • Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection

Humble Bundle is offering Snake Pass if you subscribe to its newsletter.

GOG has Hitman: Absolution for free.

I think I should also mention something non-free, from itch.io:

That’s US dollars of course, but for 1,658 (at time of writing) largely games, but also game creation assets and possibly a few other utilities, I suggest the price is eminently reasonable! The cause is definitely worthy, and that USD5.00 is minimum recommended: you are welcome to pay more.

4 Likes

GOG are offering a free game for the next 30 hours from the Warhammer 40K stable. It will require a GOG sign up if not already a member.

Link deleted after offer expiry.

4 Likes

This week’s game from Epic Games is an oldie but a goody: Torchlight 2.

5 Likes

Epic’s Free Game is “Into the Breach” Free until 11 September.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/into-the-breach/home

3 Likes