Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited - Ford Transit and Ford Transit Custom MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Ford Transit and Ford Transit Custom MY2020 supplied by Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited as vehicles may be fitted with front lower control arms that contain incomplete welds, which may lead to fracture of the component.

Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited - Ford Transit and Ford Transit Custom MY2020

PRA No.

2020/18568

Date published

14 Oct 2020

Campaign number

20S47

Product description

Ford Transit
Model Year 2020
64 affected vehicles
vehicles built between 16th October 2019 and 30th June 2020

Ford Transit Custom
Model Year 2020
280 affected vehicles
vehicles built between 9th October 2019 and 29th June 2020

Campaign number 20S47
Total of 344 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN lists

VIN list - Ford Transit.pdf (15.1 KB)

VIN list - Ford Transit Custom.pdf (42.81 KB)

What are the defects?

Vehicles may be fitted with front lower control arms that contain incomplete welds, which may lead to fracture of the component.

What are the hazards?

A fractured lower control arm joint may separate, resulting in loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of an accident and injury or death to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Ford will contact owners of all affected vehicles to arrange for inspection and repair, free of charge.

For further information, consumers can find their nearest Ford dealer at https://www.ford.com.au/dealership/?intcmp=vhp-return-lad or contact Ford’s Customer Relationship Centre on 1800 503 672.

Supplier

Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.