Food processors review

Was an accident that caused it when I was about 31. Damage caused me to be invalided out of the workforce. I understand your remarks but was just pointing out as well that disability is no respecter of age, it can affect anyone at any time. Nor does disability preclude others from having a busy worklife but it can mean that accessories can make that life so much easier to deal with everyday from getting socks on and off, brushing teeth, making meals and so on.

I do agree as well that getting skills are important as you never know when you won’t have those accessories or the power to run them. Give a person a fish they eat for a night, teach them to fish and they feed themselves for a lifetime (edited somewhat).

3 Likes

I couldn’t find any updated topic on food processors. Choice did a review June 2023

I am having trouble finding the recommended Kenwood MultiPro Sense FPM811
No store seems to stock it. Even Kenwood does not list it as a product. The Buy It Now button takes me to No Results on Good Guys etc. I have tried our local stores - Harvey Norman, Betta Electrical without success. I would like to buy locally from bricks & mortar rather than Amazon etc.

Anyone seen it? Where did Choice buy it?

2 Likes

Model FPM811 doesn’t appear on the Kenwood Australia website as a current model anymore

https://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-au/products/food-processors

So it appears to be a discontinued model.

We bought a Breville Kitchen Wizz 8, and the other half swears by it if you want to consider an alternative.

1 Like

It appears that the replacement model FPM810 is also unavailable for purchase at this point in time.

1 Like

Several others are not listed or Out of Stock. The review was only 3 months ago, but perhaps some earlier models were brought over from earlier years’ reviews.

I developed a painful right hand and I decided to bite the bullet and get something to cut vegetables. The other thing I did regularly, and a lot of, was juicing oranges and mandarins and then cutting the rinds into small compostable bits. So the idea of a juicer attachment was attractive. The Kenwood was excellent for juicing, but the Magimixs were too expensive, and the other brands didn’t juice.

Also found the prices all over the place. One Kenwood that Choice bought for $449 was $399 at Betta Electrical, $369 Harvey Norman and $299 through Kenwood. It pays to shop around.

3 Likes

I would say this is the case. Choice often rolls past product reviews into current reviews where they understand older products may still available. This one could have slipped through their checks.

Hopefully your post triggers a update of their review listings.

The Breville doesn’t juice.

These might not be real prices. We often find discontinued and unavailable models at ‘click bait’ prices. I suspect some retailers deliberately reduce their display prices to get consumers to click on links - to only then find they are unavailable. Some consumers would then look to see what alternative offerings are available on the same retailers website. Retailers potentially gets a sale they might not otherwise have got.

1 Like

I got a reply from Kenwood (part of the DeLonghi, group which also includes Braun). FPM910 & FDM71.970SS are still produced. FPM811 is out of stock and will not be coming back. I did not enquire about the other models as I was after one with a juicer.

I seem to remember FPM910 listed as Out of Stock, but now they have Only 4 Available on-line. I purchased one after being given a 10% discount for $494. Choice bought theirs for $799, Harvey Norman have them on clearance at $549, Bing Lee $549, David Jones $840, Amazon Aust takes the cake at $1,237.39 (including import duties). Appliances On-Line & Betta Electrical no longer have stock
 There are refurbished models for about $300. It sounds like it will be discontinued soon.

The only other kitchen appliance I own is an ancient hand beater, so this machine will be doing many jobs that I currently do by hand.

2 Likes