Food processors review

Find the best food processors with our latest review (member content). We also provide this handy food processor buying guide if you’d like to know more about what to lookout for and the features on offer with this handy home appliance.

Do you use a food processor? We’d like to hear about the pros and cons of your machine, please share in the comments below.

4 Likes

Any comments on the vitamix ?
Is it worth the money?

3 Likes

@jeneye58 If you have not made up your mind yet that it has to be a Vitamix . Check the link below for the Vitamix vs the Optimum 9400 . Also find the Choice tests on these models .

https://www.froothie.com.au/optimum-vs-vitamix-vs-blendtec-comparison-review

4 Likes

Here’s a link to our reviews on food processors (member content) for convenience.

4 Likes

Let’s discuss what you bought and does it meet your expectations? So many to choose from and they all do a few different things. Are you happy with yours?

4 Likes

We were given one at Christmas years ago, but I don’t think it has been taken from the shelf in at least 4 or 5 years! I can’t even remember the brand.
We used it a little initially, but find that manual processing or use of our dedicated juicer, stick blender, regular blender and mixmaster, which do all their tasks very well, make the food processor superfluous.

4 Likes

As @BrendanMays posted, there is a review of food processors which was updated May 2018.

We bought the first food processor we’ve had for a long time last year. A Sunbeam.

Normally we do all our chopping by hand, and only use this when we have a lot to do, or are in a hurry due to the cleaning involved.

6 Likes

Does a mix master chop, dice and slice? I want one that does this plus mixes. Big bowl capacity.

4 Likes

Chop, slice and dice? No, but I have a range of sharp knives for that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Still happy with Breville Wizz, over 25 years old, I think. I too, avoid it when possible due to the cleaning, but for some jobs like baba ganoush I find it a godsend. I was skeptical about the tools like grater and slicer, but I’ve recently used them e.g. for cole slaw and found them useful though a bit tiresome when stuff jams around the edges and it’s necessary to remove the lid and clear the jam.

6 Likes

Yes it does. There are a variety of blades with the one we bought. (Still haven’t managed to work them all out.)

4 Likes

Thanks bwl and meltam. I’m leaning toward the Breville Kitchen Wizz but now find there are a variety of models and price ranges here too!

2 Likes

Doesn’t the Vitamix just blend? I love my Nutri Bullet for that.

1 Like

The model number of my Sunbeam is PB9800.

3 Likes

Target came up with the goods in our recent food processor testing:

3 Likes

Here are six things you might not have considered making in your food processor. Do you have anything to add to this list?

2 Likes

Save money, use a food processor to make these common kitchen items:

2 Likes

The article is predicated on there being two ways for those who are time poor to cook. The expensive way of buying pre-prepared ingredients and the cheap way to have a food processor. For every day meals for a family, not a horde, there is a third way: learn to cook well the manual way.

If you can use a knife well and afford a box grater it will be quicker and cheaper than either of the options given and save on several other appliances you don’t really need. The knife never breaks down and will outlast all the powered gear. If you anticipate you may need to make 4 litres of hummus bi tahini or a bucket of coleslaw you may need a food processor.

5 Likes

Problem for me is lack of feeling in my hands so a knife is a dangerous instrument at times for me. Ditto the grater which has removed bone before now off my knuckles (and required a hospital visit as it was to the bone injury). Sometimes these machines provide a level of safety for some users.

3 Likes

That is a real problem, touch is so important to control and that is what it is all about. Control the blade and the whole chook becomes ten serving pieces in under 2 minutes (do that with a food processor). Lose control, lose blood.

I suspect that you are no spring chicken, my remarks were mainly directed at those who are in the midst of new family, work and homemaking who are told too often that hacks, tricks and gadgets will take off the pressure. I think skill will serve you much better in the long run and not just in the kitchen.

3 Likes