CHOICE membership

Fellowes paper Shredders. Caveat Emptor

When Peter Costello spread his largesse by giving all businesses the princely sum of $200 each to help cover the costs ot preparing for the commencement of the GST in 2000, we received 3 x $200 vouchers for our 3 companies.

We used part of it to but a Fellowes paper shredder from Officeworks in June, 2000, and it never missed a beat until it dropped dead a week ago.

We went to Officeworks on Sunday and automatically bought another Fellowes based on our 20+ years of trouble free use.

Big mistake.

The new one did not last for 24 hours. It developed a paper jam which we could not resolve after cutting less than a bin full of paper.

I looked at the listing on Officeworks, and to my horror, saw the scathing reviews, primarily regarding paper jams.

I returned to Officeworks today and the person at the entrance asked if I just wanted to swap it over to which I replied that I wanted to get something better.

He said to pick out what I wanted and take the old and new ones to the checkout.

I choose this one which I had already searched before leaving home today.

The lady at the checkout asked if I had the receipt and happily processed the changeover.

No arguements, no dramas, no problems with not having the packaging.

Well done Officeworks.

As for the Fellowes shredder.

4 Likes