FaceBook algorithms sending people to FB "gaol"

Weekly I hear of similar stories of folk being banned by FB or FB disallowing some posts (considered by many as harmless) yet were caught out in the past hosting ISIS and other nefarious groups pages.

And yes, I get that many in AU are addicted or hooked onto FB. I suggest that is their (the users’ problems).

As is said often by the squillionaires of Silicon Valley, in the context of FB, Twitter, Google etc: “if you ain’t paying for the product or service, dude in that case you ARE the product or service. So stop your whining”.

While I don’t suggest we wholesale ape China and Russia in everything they do, their banning of or heavily restricting of Big Tech, is noteworthy for the many crimes facilitated by such services are nowhere near the problem - if they are a problem at all - that they are in the “enlightened” West.

Breaking News: if FB and Google were shut out of AU, we’d still survive and even maybe develop our own services as China has with WeChat (in lieu of FB’s WhatsApp) and Weibo (in lieu of FB & Twitter).

2 Likes