Emma Sleep cant deliver

I have ordered bed frames along with mattresses from Emma sleep. The mattresses arrived within a reasonable time frame but 2 months later i am still waiting for the bed frames. After many chats and phone calls i was told that the delivery was to be made on the 23rd of November…still nothing.
Another long phone call just to be told that they are out of stock and i have to wait until week 48 then another 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.
this will put the beds here for my children after the new year
(if they turn up at all).
they give you a 100 day or night sleep guarantee, by the time the complete beds get here that will be over with.
These company’s are not up front with what stock they have but still take your money…beware

4 Likes

Hi @Bigpanda42, welcome to the community.

What a terrible situation you find yourself in. You have a number of options:

1. Wait patiently and hope Emma meets its next delivery commitment.
  2. Request a (partial) refund under the Australian Consumer Law for the bed frames and repurchase another elsewhere. You will be entitled to a refund as Emma has been unable to provide the bed frames in a reasonable time.
  3. Ask for a full refund and ask them to collect the delivered mattress. Like dot point 2, this should be possible under the ACL for the same reasons.

If you take option 1 or 2, make sure Emma redates their 100 day guarantee to the date that the bed frames arrive/date of partial refund. It should be the date of partial refund as one could argue this is the earliest date one could be reasonably expected to buy another bed frame and use the mattress.

If you chose 2 or 3, it may inconvenience you as you need to shop again for the item(s) and require you to wait until a different bed frame is delivered by another supplier. I would be asking for refund of any delivery charges so you aren’t out of pocket for alternative supplier delivery costs. If you buy elsewhere, make sure that the item(s) are in stock and on their inventory before committing to purchasing. Otherwise you may be waiting some time again for order to be filled.

4 Likes