Electricity Price Increases

I believe that Electricity is an essential service just like water is and should be run by Government like it used to be, that way you keep the costs down. In Qld when it was run by the Govt you paid a reasonable cost with a SMALL daily fee (supply charge) then you paid for the amount of electricity you used (per kWh).

Now you pay $1.13 per day supply Charge and the amount of electricity used (22.9c per kWh), some bills I am paying $10 - $20 more for supply charge than the amount of Electricity I use over that 80 - 92 day period.

When it was run by Govt part of your bill went back into the network to pay for maintenance and upgrades on the network not for other companies to make profits or to provide expensive and inefficient Green power.

So called Green Energy has to be paid for somehow seeing how it costs a lot more and when the wind is not blowing and the sun is not shining it is not producing energy, and it has a HUGE carbon footprint because of all the carbon intensive materials concrete and steel that has to be used supply cables which have to be buried, then you have the disposal problems of the old solar panels, turbines, blades, environmental damage, wildlife it kills etc. Watch this “Nice to be green”

Clean Coal technology and Gas Power stations are the cheapest Base load power solution and provides 24/7 Power when the wind is not blowing and the Sun is not shining. We are paying for Green feel good Power which does not provide 24/7 Base load power when it is needed.

And when everybody has to have an electric vehicle and the electricity grid gets overloaded and has to be massively upgraded and rebuilt, then the people will find out what the real cost of Green energy is, not to mention the environmental problems of battery pack disposal, etc.