Dyson Cyclone V10 stick vacuum review

That’s right - it could be something very simple, that was why I was disappointed with the response. I was happy to pay for a service but that didn’t seem to be an option. The brush bar stops turning not long after I start the machine. I’ve cleaned out hair etc but still keeps stopping. I don’t use ebay so hadn’t thought to look for a new part there.

2 Likes

Would that be an air suction driven head rather than an electrical one? If so it could also be a clog in the vacuum system that sucks itself into a position where there is no longer sufficient suction at the hose to turn the head brush.

I bought a new ‘turbo head’ for my cheapie and the brush would not go, but the brush was not seized either. I went through the vac and found a wad of carpet lint stuck in a passage. Removing that was all it took to get the head going.

Of course Dyson claims not to have such problems, but maybe worth a check for a similar partial obstruction. You might find other hints/instructions on youtube!

3 Likes

Thank you. I will look into it.

3 Likes

Am trying to decide between V10 Absolute and V11 outsize (not discussing price difference but ease of use). I have spoken to a staff at Dyson and their view was that V10 is lighter than V11 hence easier to use for an oldie like me (almost 70). I am almost 1.60m tall, and the V11 outsize has a bigger dust bin so making the stick a bit longer - which I may find hard to handle (the V10 has a regular bin size). I am intending to use the V10 as a regular vacuum cleaner as well as for light cleaning and car. Would you agree that the V10 would be better for us to adapt and use? Thanks!

I suggest only you could make that decision for yourself. It depends on your personal values and comforts during use. You have presented the major differences but for example, which is better? A long handle where you might be able to stand more upright (posture dependent) or not having to empty it as often? Can you go to a shop and try each?

1 Like

Thanks PhilT. Your suggestion is good. I cannot go to shop to try out the 2 models - as I had an op last week and need 6 weeks rest. So, I will ask hubby to go to the nearest Harvey Norman or Myer to try them out. I think the lighter V10 is preferred at this stage as we are not as strong as we used to be :slight_smile:

1 Like