Dyson airblade - futuristic or fail?

the two reasons above are why I donโ€™t use them
regardless of brand

2 Likes

In light of current events, does anyone know if air hand dryers have been specifically addressed?

1 Like

The noise of the Dyson airblade in a small tiled room is very uncomfortable for me (I do have noise sensitivity related to PTSD). It causes an adrenalin response in me - do they test Db production in situ, I wonder?

The expert advice is that air hand dryers do NOT kill the virus that causes COVID-19 infections.
Wash your hands with soap and water, and dry on a clean towel or a paper towel - taking 40 to 60 seconds for the entire procedure.

attached is my adaptation of the WHO hand washing poster for our grandkids (bit like a Lego instruction sheet, no big words, every step shown including the symetrical ones)

5 Likes

100% correct. This was mentioned by a family member as they had seen it on social media for people to use hand dryers to prevent coronavirus spreading. The WHO state:

Are hand dryers effective in killing the new coronavirus?

No. Hand dryers are not effective in killing the 2019-nCoV. To protect yourself against the new coronavirus, you should frequently clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Once your hands are cleaned, you should dry them thoroughly by using paper towels or a warm air dryer.

The benefit of hand dryers is that they may reduce the number of surfaces touched in a toilet reducing the number of surfaces COVID-19 can be picked up.

2 Likes

Iโ€™m in the middle of tendering to install these units in my multi-storey building. Having seen and used them, they are very quiet, and nullifies most of the issues above. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnL5X4SJBfg

1 Like

They look good. Be aware of slippage issues relating to the floor being wet under and around the hand dryer.

3 Likes

Thank you for that response. We have slip resistant tiles where we are envisaging its use, so not such a problem. Noise is the problem we are trying to reduce, as call centres are using the floors. I am impressed by its efficacy and effectiveness.

1 Like