I have just received the following warning from NetRegistry:
"This week, several Australian domain and web hosting providers were the target of phishing attacks. It means that some scam emails were sent to our customers.
The email is easy to identify as it:
- Comes from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Starts with “Hi Dear”, not your first name
- Asks you to “renew your order: $14.85 AUD”
- Has a red “CLICK HERE” button that takes you to a URL that doesn’t include “netregistry.com.au”
- Is signed off by “Cody Wheaton” and/or “Billing Manager”
These elements do change…"
Obviously don’t open the email, just delete it.