Does Caffeine in Shampoo really help reduce or reverse hair loss?

Hair is dead, it does not metabolise, it cannot be nourished.

4 Likes

I have hair fall - aggravated by longterm illness. But I am not going bald. I have found a Dove product for treating hair fall that has grapeseed oil, bought in Indonesia. I found it reduces hair fall. How / why it works, I donā€™t know. So whether it would help anyone going bald for other reasons I have no idea.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be too tempted to drink the shampoo. My hair, or so it is alleged to be called, is a lost cause :wink:

3 Likes

Re ā€œa hair mud packā€ Iā€™ve used coffee grounds with Henna to colour hair and are great for getting a rich brown colour with the added softness of the henna. I never gave any thought about caffeine improving the thickness of my hair, but with clear henna, it certainly felt like it was!

3 Likes

I use Olive Oil, Rosemary and Nettle shampoo. my hair is thicker, stronger and healthierā€¦
Used to use coffee with Henna when trying to stretch henna. Coffee has many benefits and cannot see any reason to throw it out.

4 Likes

Thanks for the interesting discussion everyone. I will take the topic as a suggestion for further CHOICE investigation and Iā€™ve awarded some badges. Please feel free to keep adding to the thread.

4 Likes

Hi,
Further use of Indonesian anti-hairfall products seems to be having a beneficial effect longterm.
The experiment continues.

1 Like