'Dodgy' survey sites

I was with My Opinion only for couple of weeks to check how it works (IF it works). When I collected enough money to be paid via PayPal, I tried to redeem it and, guess what… my account was terminated due to “violation of terms & conditions”. While requesting a help, I got a generic answer (some rubbish about Java script, cookies etc) but no help whatsoever, not to mention tips how can I retrieve MY money. Reading your posts, I just sent them another email informing that if no one gets back to me, I will lodge a complaint. I am not sure if I have time and enough determination to fight for (only?) $20 but probably many people think similar and “companies” like My Opinion get away with scams.

4 Likes

Just in the interest of helping others…

I’ve been a member of myopinions since roughly November of last year. So far I’ve redeemed approximately $60 from them via PayPal in $20 batches. My account gets terminated (automatically?) each time I attempt to make a redemption, but emailing them I usually get it restored within a week or two and can then redeem my money.

Not sure why they seem to have this automatic system of terminating anyone that redeems… Maybe they’re hoping people will just walk away? I really wish it wouldn’t happen but at least they seem to restore your account if you ask. I currently have another $50 to redeem because I wanted to wait until I had more if I was going to be put out of action for a period each time.

Edit: Actually I was just able to redeem $50 this time with no termination so maybe they’ve flagged my account as definitely legit, not sure.

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing it. They just replied to me promising to restore my account within 2-3 business days. After redeeming money I will not continue completing surveys with them. I am not sure if I will try with other companies either. It seems like there is too much dodgy companies around.

4 Likes

Lenka, please don’t be put off completing surveys online, they are an excellent way to earn money. Just steer clear of those tied to the same company that is now behind My Opinions…

5 Likes

Yeah myopinions is about the only one I’ve had issues with so far. Pureprofile, octopus, surveyvillage etc have all paid with no problems.

5 Likes

Roy Morgan (OzPanel) process for reward recouping has been uneventful and easy (highly flexible where the rewards can be used).

3 Likes

An update: Fortunately I was able to redeem my money from My Opinion. There was no termination of the account this time.

5 Likes

Good to see but still a service/business that lacks what I would call good service of their participants.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call them excellent as a means of earning money but they can certainly assist to get some benefit. The provision of a great deal of private information is not always repaid by a commensurate amount to what is given.

3 Likes

I had over 7000 points and as I was redeeming it using my PayPal account I receive a message saying my account had been terminated as a result of violations of T&C. Funny enough I had just answered one survey minutes before.
Very convenient for my opinions to terminate my account as I am redeeming.
I’m absolutely pissed off and I will write bad reviews about them everywhere that I can so nobody else waste their time with a company like this one.

4 Likes

Perhaps this site may also interest you for your opinion of the survey company:

https://www.surveypolice.com/myopinions?page=1#reviews

4 Likes

… isn’t ‘dodgy’ and ‘survey site’ a tautology ?

3 Likes

Hi flight - I’ve just had the same issue with cancellation of my yourvoice account when trying to redeem points. I emailed them immediately disputing the cancellation, but with no reply. I’ve now used your complaint tactic to try and at least redeem my rewards and will let you know if it works. Thanks for the info. Cheers.

2 Likes

I hope you succeed with that girlnextdoor. I only use three survey sites now and never have a problem with any of them. They are Mint Surveys, RewardsCentral and Pureprofile.

This is still happening. Joined MyOpinions a couple of weeks ago. Upon completing many surveys tried to cash out $20. And account was instantly terminated.

I mailed support and got some inaccurate rambling proforma reply. Upon checking Trustpilot ProductReview and SurveyPolice, this must be happening to 100’s if not 1000’s of people. Slave labour organisation. Seems the owner are Dynata with local base in Melbourne.

ACCC Scamwatch report has been raised. More important to me is that major Aussie companies obviously have MyOpinions in their marketing supply chains. I’ll be asking my bank, Woolworths, Coles etc if they are aware of issues? Fraud doesn’t align with their corporate values.

5 Likes

Although this thread is a bit old now, it seems that the ‘RewardsCentral’ site is doing similar things now. They are refusing to honour legitimately earned rewards partner points - even after waiting the required 60 days, and they do not respond to any form of contact. Starting to smell like a bit of a scam site now - which is a real pity, as they used to be a honest reputable site.

4 Likes

Same here. Long time member with no issues until Dynata took over and tried to cash out.
Of note some universities have been using Myopinions etc to recruit participants. First thing tomorrow I’ll be calling Monash University and lodging a complaint with their Human Research Ethics Committee regarding Myopinions terminating accounts on cashout. The university has a legal requirement to uphold ethical research and will have to terminate all contact with dynata once I’m done. Anyone keen to report to them, if you were eligible for their financial services surveys too…

The deputy director of Monash University Research Office responded to my complaint. After investigating and viewing numerous review sites and observing repeated reviews of the described behaviour they have blacklisted Myopinions and will be advising future researchers to use alternate sites.

2 Likes

I terminated my Myopinions and Rewards Central accounts as soon as they started playing fas and loose with earned funds. I withdrew everything I had over time whilst not responding to any more ads, and bailed out.

Pureprofile is still good, but I dont get invitations to many surveys (not the right demographic, at 69), still and all I manage to land 2 or 3 $20 itunes or JB gift cards a year.

3 Likes

This is still happening. They are crooks. First they couldn’t locate my account. After persisting with them they told me to set up a new account and they would reinstate my points balance. It took them a couple of weeks and the points were reinstated. I did about 5 surveys over a couple of days and had just over $40 of points ready to redeem. As soon as I tried to redeem $20 this week, my membership was terminated and they have been unable to specify how I violated their terms and conditions. Reported to both ACCC Scamwatch and FTC in the US as suggested in a prior post in this thread. It seems as though they are serial scammers and are ripping off many Aussies. It’s just shameful…

5 Likes

Hi,

I was with myopinions for about five years now. Last week while I was redeeming my $50.00 reward, they blocked me. I didn’t receive my monies. Neither an explanation for their account suspension. Can anyone help me.

Thank you,
Lana

2 Likes