CHOICE membership

"Do not knock" front door sticker and so called "charities"

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: LOVE THIS

We still have a discreet sign up “close the gate, we have a dog” sort of thing; but our mini poodle went to dog heaven a long time ago.

When we moved to remote Australia, we were advised to have a picture of a vicious dog rather than anything written, because a significant segment of the break-in demographic could only ‘read’ a ‘picture’ …

“unsolicted marketing”
“unsolicited promotion”
“unsolicted vending”
“unsolicited trading”
“unsolicited selling”
are terms I put on laminated sign next to our front door (so they have already come thrugh our front gate)

Does someone promoting the concept that I should donate to a charity of their choice (when they are being paid by that charity) belong in the category “unsolicited promoting” ? I think it does

These are what I beleive religious groups do…sell, market and promote their own religion. I think that they should also obey the do not knock stickers…I am happy for genuine charties to knock, but not the religious groups which do the above as a form of initiation or to demonstrate their own religious beliefs.

Pity that the Do Not Knock Register Bill 2012 did not become law …

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2012B00074

Although the law behind a Do Not Knock sticker does not apply to fundraisers for charities, the Fundraising Institute of Australia (FIA) has information for people wishing to make a complaint about charities and fundraisers who are FIA members.

Contact details for FIA https://fia.org.au/contact-us/

Although the law behind Do Not Knock stickers does not apply to researchers, the Research Industry Council of Australia (RICA) recommends that if you have a problem with a market research company that door-knocks, you can complain complaining directly to the research company in question or the industry Surveyline on 1300 364 830.

Contact details for RICA http://www.rica.com.au/contact

The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) doesn’t let us bar market research company employees, volunteers/employees of registered charity, and marketing workers/volunteers for registered political parties.
=> but there are other laws which allow us to control who enters our residential properties (also business properties). So I can refuse entry, and if they have already entered I can insist that they leave.
(Obviously not talking about employees of local government , telecommunication carrier, state or federal government department which have defined entry rights).

I agree. The ‘do not knock’ sign was not sufficient to keep them at bay. Had to put up the ‘no canvassers, thank you’ sign and so far has worked!

I was constantly being interrupted at my front door by the Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Mormons even though I had a sticker on the front door telling them not to. Nothing worked at all but I purchased a large sticker of a rainbow flag and put it on the door. I AM gay so am not lying. I have never been disturbed since.

Great move! Until I put up a “No Canvassing” sign, they said “we are not selling anything”!

Yes, they retreated so fast I think they thought it was contagious. I watched them from my balcony. It was hilarious!!