Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Bus O500R and O500RS MY2019 Recall

A recall notice for Mercedes-Benz Bus O500R and O500RS MY2019 supplied by Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd as the steering gear box fastening screws may be missing, fitted with incorrect extended screws or non-original screws have been installed that may be loose.

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Mercedes-Benz Bus O500R and O500RS MY2019

PRA No.

2020/18166

Date published

20 Feb 2020

Campaign number

RC3156

Product description

Mercedes-Benz Bus O500R
Mercedes-Benz Bus O500RS
Model Year 2019

13 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (20.44 KB)

What are the defects?

The steering gear box fastening screws may be missing, fitted with incorrect extended screws or non-original screws have been installed that may be loose.

What are the hazards?

If the screws are missing or loosen, the steering gear box may move or rattle and distract the driver, increasing the risk of an accident and/or injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners are requested to contact their preferred authorised Mercedes-Benz Bus Dealership who will inspect the vehicles and if necessary replace the steering gear fastening screws and apply the appropriate tightening torque.

A complete list of authorised dealerships can be found at www.mercedes-benz.com.au/trucks

Supplier

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicle Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 19 May 2019 - 31 December 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

Problems with the steering failing on a Mercedes vehicle?

Don’t you worry about that.