Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Freightliner Coronado, Argosy and CST112 Trucks MY2017-2018 Recall

A recall notice for Freightliner Coronado, Argosy and CST112 Trucks MY2017-2018 supplied by Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd as the clutch may fail.

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd - Freightliner Coronado, Argosy and CST112 Trucks MY2017-2018

PRA No.

2019/17806

Date published

27 Sep 2019

Campaign number

RC3133-FL803AB

Product description

Freightliner Coronado Truck
Model Years 2017-2018

Freightliner Arogsy Truck
Model Years 2017-2018

Freightliner CST112 Truck
Model Years 2017-2018

180 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (21.78 KB)

What are the defects?

The internal clutch component may be outside specifications and fail, which may prevent clutch disengagement.

What are the hazards?

If the internal clutch component fails and there is enough drive line torque in the transmission, the parking brake may be overcome while the vehicle is idling in neutral, causing the vehicle to move unintentionally and increasing the risk of an accident or injury.

What should consumers do?

Owners are requested to contact any authorised Freightliner Dealership who will re-program the Transmission Electronic Control Units (TECUs) with updated software.

A complete list of authorised Dealerships can be found at https://freightliner.com/dealer-search/ or via 1800 033 557.

Supplier

Daimler Truck and Bus Australia Pacific Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Freightliner dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 10 April 2017 - 2 July 2018

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

2 Likes