Cricut Design Space issues

Cricut is a popular computer-controlled cutting machine often used in home crafting activities and sold at stores such as Spotlight and Harvey Norman. We’ve recently heard some reports of customer issues around Cricut placing limits on its Design Space upload limits, as you can see in this petition.

Has anyone in the CHOICE Community experienced similar issues with Cricut?

3 Likes

Don’t use one but Costco have been selling them as well.

A consequence of Cloud storage? A need to drive a continuing income? I understand the frustration but many people invest dollars/money in some form of Cloud storage for many things. Is this just a sign of the times?

Devil’s advocate…buy a machine that doesn’t require online storage of your designs, or one where you can store locally, or get the Cricut people to make one that does this instead of one that requires the online storage. What the petition seems to argue is that they don’t want to pay or want the fee to be minimal because they bought the machine…part of their point is that the (I am guessing proposed free) 20 uploads a month aren’t enough!!! They want more it would seem.

iCloud storage is 5 GB for free anything above that you pay, with the size of movies, photos and thus storage requirements this is minimal storage. I don’t hear too many complaining they bought a phone and they only get 5GB online storage and why should they pay for more. 5GB barely backs up the basics of the phone…anyway everything is changing to a user pays forever system…MS 365 is another, how many subscription services now replace what used to be pay once goods.

If a business could find a way to charge a user for every use of a knife or whatever I’m sure they would, somethings are just easier to target.

4 Likes

I have seen them advertised online but haven’t taken my fancy as have no use for them.

3 Likes

My wife has just purchased one online from Spotlight, against my advice, and after one day is already having second thoughts as she has realised how expensive it is going to be to operate. Also, making her own designs seems to be far from easy.

3 Likes